[hpsdr] Hermes HPSDR remote

John radio at mediacombb.net
Mon Feb 25 16:20:54 PST 2013

Hi Bill,

While Googling around I found a post you made last fall about being able
to remote control your Hermes.

My ham shack is upstairs and I have a PC there with an RF link to a
cable modem downstairs.  Hermes is on the Ethernet from the upstairs PC
and works fine from the ham shack PC.

Right now, I can use the Internet from my ham shack computer via the
router in the cable modem and the downstairs computer also can use the
Internet using an Ethernet cable plugged into the cable modem (that
cable is also used to change route settings).  The computers are not set
up to share files.

I would like to be able to control Hermes using PowerSDR from either
computer, but I have not been able to figure out how to do that.  Both
my PC use Windows XP Professional.  The Hermes is now set up with a
static IP address.

Can you suggest what to do, or where to look for information, so I can
run Hermes from the downstairs PC?  It seems that I need to connect two
LANs together but I can't find out how to do it.

73,   John    WoGN