[hpsdr] Janus as sound card

Chris Gerber chris.gerber at swissonline.ch
Mon Feb 4 10:43:12 PST 2013

Hi Mike

I do know all about. As am a very early bird with Geralds SDR boards
using first the 3 the the 4 board version
then the whole collection of the Flex production line up to f5k.
When putting together the Atlas/Janus/Ozy setup, and been waiting for
the next upcoming boards, I made use of the
Janus set with my SDR1000's and it worked great, also using them with a
Delta M44 soundcards, but only 96Khz
But soon after Flex skiped the Ozy batch in their Pwrsdr versions, now
those old versions who still worked
fine gave up with Win7 and now Win8. Ok I can still use it on Softrock
or any other stuff, but using here now a Anan 10
and a Sunsdr2 from Russia, I dont want to fiddle around to much with it.
Yes I know from Phil as I adressed him earlier, saying it would be to
much work to write drivers etc. to be used on
Bill gates stuff. So let it be, a left over.

Thanks for the responces I got this time, when placeing a question to
this forum, if anyone has ever tried to use
a SCS PTC pactor controller with Hermes, I did not get any answer, even
it would be very interesting and helpfull
to use it and to look at the changeover time.
The results I got here are so bad, as on the first runs with the
Flex5000 about5 years ago, but soon after it they did a fine
job and made it possible to use it, and it works perfect now.
It would be nice to add the Anan 10 also to this list.

73 Chris