[hpsdr] Tapr hombrew hermes need corrections for new builds (update BOM & Schematic ?)

Gloria Koch n1wwq at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 05:36:02 PST 2013

Very happy for Oliver to get his Hermes back working.
I am hoping to follow in his footsteps and others and soon
build my own Hermes.

I've recently purchased the Hermes PCB and have ordered and
awaiting all parts per current BOM found on apache's website,
1010_HERMES_PROD_BOM_08112012.xls

Also using this schematic from Apache: 1005_HERMES_PROD_SCHEMATICS.pdf

I assume these are the latest and best place to get the latest information?

>From what I see monitoring this forum are two notable changes that I need
to pay attention to (added below posts from K3DLW and PE1RKS).

However I have discrepancies to the changes they mentioned.

On my BOM (1010_HERMES_PROD_BOM_08112012.xls) C37 is listed as a
33pf and there is only ONE instance of it. There is no C70, C228, nor C229 on
my BOM as mentioned however item 15 is a 47nf cap not 1nf on my BOM.

So I'm not sure what I need to do for the correct values of C70, C228 and C229?

10    A0010    2    08055A330JAT2A    33pf    (C37,C39)    805    AVX    DigiKey    478-1310-6-ND

	15    A0019    1    08055C473KAT2A    47nF    C150    805    AVX    DigiKey    478-1391-1-ND

Also, dealing with the fuses, on my BOM F1, F2, and F3 are all 2 amp fuses, where
Stijn mentions all 3 of his are different. Are the 2 amp fuses OK to use?

36    A0034    3        2A    F1,F2,F3    1812    Bel Fuse    DigiKey    MF-MSMF110/16-2CT-ND

It appears the BOM and Schematic needs to be updated. Am I missing any other changes?

Would be glad to help in any way possible to get the correct information updated and
available.

Tnx,

Rick & Gzzz N1GP/N1WWQ

==============================

As reported previously for Hermes, C70, C228, and C229 do not appear on the schematic nor on the BOM. Upon close investigation, C70 is garbled on the schematic and not readily discernible. It is a 1nf capacitor like item 15 on the BOM. C228 is erroneously labeled C77 on the schematic and C229 is erroneously labeled as C37 on the schematic. Their values are 47pf.

If you search the schematic for C77, there are two instances. One agrees with the BOM and the other does not. Likewise for C37.

I was able to track down this errer by tracing the lines from the positions labeled C228 and C229 on the board to connecting components and then locating the connecting components on the schematic.

Don
K3DLW

Hi Oliver,

On my TAPR build Hermes the fuses are:

F1: Bourns MF-MSMF050 / 500mA hold current 15V max
F2: BellFuse 0ZCC0160BF2C / 1,6A hold current 16V max
F3: BellFuse 0ZCC0300FF2B / 3A hold current / 6V max

I hope this helps.

73 Stijn PE1RKS