[hpsdr] PowerSDR/OpenHPSDR new release v2.2.7

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Tue Jan 1 11:37:36 PST 2013

If I now understand the Hermes power output settings they are going to
change in what may appear to be an indecipherable manner depending upon
application  And the use of J1 Transverter jack will be mostly unuseable
if anyone has actually placed components for C39, R17 & R18.

Thus for Hermes with or without ANAN, Alex or Apollo:
1. Normal output is expected to be +26.99dBm [500mw] and ANAN, Alex and
Apollo will have output.
2. VNA output is expected to be -10dBm [100mw] and  ANAN, Alex and
Apollo may have output.
3. Transverter output is expected to be ~+14.771dBm [30mw] and ANAN,
Alex and Apollo will not have output.

Has or had anyone ever given consideration  to the use of J1 or the
component values for R17 & 18 ?

Has anyone documented the proper system connections for VNA and
Transverter operation ?

Dick K9IVB