[hpsdr] Hermes Firmware update failed

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Fri Jan 11 05:23:09 PST 2013

Bob,
It sounds like you will have to use the bootloader mode to load the
firmware. See appendix A of the Hermes manual. You will need to fit a jumper
at JP12, and use the bootloader tab in HPSDR Programmer.

FWIW, My Hermes updated fine, but My Metis gagged on the update. Once I used
the bootloader mode the recover and reload the EEPROM, it's now fine.

GL,
Bruce, N1RX