[hpsdr] Hpsdr Digest, Vol 89, Issue 19

a.groff k0vm at mchsi.com
Fri Jul 26 09:04:51 PDT 2013

John,
   The thing that is confusing about VAC is that each time you add or
remove ( enable/disable ) a windows sound device, windows may change the
enumeration of any sound deivice devices and will change the
enumeration  again the next time you reboot.  Some programs only save
the enumeration and not the device name. Even though the device name may
appear to be saved, the under lying enumeration may be different.
   I have fallen in to the practice of checking the sound card device
selection each time I start a program the uses a windows sound device.
Actually, PowerSDR does a fairly good job of retaining the correct sound
device, much better than some programs.  In WSPR the save name may be
correct of be wrong unless you reselect.
   It all very confusing until you realize what happening.

AL, K0VM