[hpsdr] PowerSDR multi-radio/multi-computer

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sat Jun 1 05:09:02 PDT 2013

Dick and John,
1) case 1: two copies on one computer
First you install each copy of PowerSDR to two different directories, using the Installer.

Second, you edit the shortcuts for ONE copy to add the needed command line switch to
specify where the database is located.  Otherwise they will use the same database.  I'm
not sure what this command line switch is, but I do think that it's been written about.
Doug can certainly provide the answer for sure!

>From looking at console.cs in PowerSDR, it accepts a "-datapath:" command line switch.
Follow that IMMEDIATELY (no spaces) by the path to where you want the data to be.  Do NOT
put it in a folder under Program Files! (or "Program Files (x86)" on a 64 bit OS!)  Doing
so will make it not possible to write to the files you want to create.  I'd suggest
another folder under "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\FlexRadio Systems\"

If I'm wrong about this, I hope that Doug W5WC or someone else will offer better
information, or maybe confirm what I've written.

2) case 2: two different computers, you want to copy the database to the second computer.

Let's assume both computers are Windows 7.  If your username is 'gbyrkit' (mine is...),
then you will find the database in a directory under:
C:\Users\ghbyrkit\AppData\Roaming\FlexRadio Systems.  I'm not sure what the current dir
that Doug is currently using.  Let's say that it is:
"C:\Users\ghbyrkit\AppData\Roaming\FlexRadio Systems\PowerSDR (W5WC)"

Simply copy the power.cvs and database.xml from one computer to the other.  Do NOT copy
the 'wisdom' file, as the performance of each computer would be different.

73,
George K9TRV