[hpsdr] no ethernet TX

k3it gokoyev+k3it at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 10:13:52 PDT 2013

Hi all

I recently finished a Hermes board and after a couple of days of AOK
operation I ran into an ethernet issue. searched through the list archives
and didn't find a similar problem.

The board suddenly lost the ability to discover a DHCP address. There are
no DHCP discovery requests seen in the wireshark and I was getting a fast
flash on the D12.

I thought may be something went wrong in the firmware and attempted to
reload it using the Bootloader mode (with J12 on).  This only erased the
existing firmware but failed to reprogram.

If I click the 'Read MAC' button I can see D13, D18 and D19 flash briefly
but no MAC address is reported.  There is an outgoing "discovery" packet
like the one below but no response packet

306 1311.759917000 Universa_a8:2e:37 11:22:33:44:55:66 0xeffe 62 Ethernet II

It looks like something went wrong with the Ethernet controller Transmit
function, while it's able to receive packets fine.

(I've tried a new cable, take the switch out of the picture, a different
PC, etc but it didn't help)

Any ideas what else to check? Should I look for something on the U13 pins?

73
Vasiliy K3IT