[hpsdr] cuSDR64 Metis version

dmb at lightstream.net dmb at lightstream.net
Wed Mar 13 03:09:51 PDT 2013

Hello,

When I start up cuSDR64 with hardware consisting of Metis v2.5; Mercury
v3.3; and Penelope v1.7, I receive an alert pop-up that states: "Not a
standard Metis FW version!". I thought Metis v2.5 was the latest version,
but perhaps another version is expected? After dismissing the pop-up, the
software works, but I wonder if this Metis version is limiting
functionality in some way.

Also, for Mercury, how many receivers are supported? I can successfully
run two receivers in addition to the Wideband display, but when I click
"Add Rx",  the new receiver window that pops up contains no signals. I
read through the README but didn't see any reference to the number of
receivers supported. From other references, it appears that Hermes
supports a greater number of simultaneous receivers, but I thought that
the receiver section of Hermes was essentially Mercury. (Sorry -- this may
be common knowledge, but I've been away from HPSDR/ OpenHPSDR for a
while...)

tnx, and 73
Dale  WA8SRA