[hpsdr] PSDR 3.0 Bug?

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Thu Mar 7 09:05:07 PST 2013

Hi Mike,
what do you do with 40FPS? My eyes and brain do not retain more than
16fps and actually I prefer slower rates for less eye strain.

I see that in the past Ms. Cathy Moss was able to achieve 60fps with her
Panoptos software (very similar to SDRMAX-III) with the QuickSilver QS1R
DDC receiver. As I recall, she used OpenGL video and a very high-end
video card to achieve that level.

Do you have a modern Nvidia or ATI card for this purpose? do you have
OpenGL display technology programmed into your copy of
PowerSDR/OpenHPSDR? (or perhaps DirectX?).

I would think that all these factors influence the behavior of your CPU
and video system and subsequently response to various filter selections
or other program variations.

I will be very interested to see what other users are experiencing.

thank you for your interesting and challenging test.

all the best,
73 de Ken N9VV