[hpsdr] Fwd: XBIAN running full featured on Raspberry Pi.

K4LCD k4lcd at bellsouth.net
Wed May 8 02:53:38 PDT 2013

Good morning John,

After trying out all three XBMC applications, openelec, raspmc and
xbian, last night I got XBIAN working like I wanted it.

1. Got a four port Gearhead USB hub connected to one of the Pi´s USB ports.
1a. connected and perfectly running Gearhead wireless USB keyboard/mouse
tongle (same I use for the Win 7  64bits machine).
1b. connected Edimax nano USB WiFi dongle and perfectly running as part
of my home network. Communicating wireless to an ATT WIRE2 router (10/100).

2. There is now no wired ethernet connection between the Pi and my home
network. Is al via WiFi

3. Communicating with 29¨ Envision TV via HDMI, video and hifi audio.

Raspberry Pi, finally is working like a champ. Watching the entire
library of YouTube films and audio files on HD and mp4, Internet radio
and much more.
No glitches, no freezes. Just smooth watching and listening pleasure!

And a learning experience!

The little bugger is doing it! A wireless controlled Media Center!

Sincerely and 73,

Juan /K4LCD