[hpsdr] predistortion

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Mon May 20 04:19:18 PDT 2013

Hi Larry,

Based on a quick look at my notes, it's some kind of thin 25 Ohm coax
cable.  I obtained my parts from Tim O'Rourke who also supplied this.
I'll see if I can dig out the actual cable part number.  It's a little
tricky to wind as getting four turns through the binocular core is a
little tight but manageable.  There are different ways to approach this
- I used the approach to wind the turns then strip the outer vinyl at
the primary end and expose and separate the shield and solder to each
side of the tubes.  I think Kjell used an approach involving four
separate pieces of wire cut and fed through and soldered with the
shields in parallel and the center conductors wired in series.  I'll dig
out my pictures and send if that will help.  I believe this coax is what
Kjell recommends for good performance through 6m.  Copper wire can be
used as an alternative but with some loss of performance at the high
frequency end (IIRC).  I believe the coax is likely available but
apparently difficult to obtain in small quantities so some collaboration
may be needed.

I'll dig out the pics and any other notes and post later today.

73, Pete, N3EVL