[hpsdr] cuSDR64 for Linux?

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Sat Nov 2 05:37:33 PDT 2013

I don't use Ubuntu so I don't know if the Qt package suffers from the same problem as that in the Fedora repository i.e. the code is compiled without optimisation - debug ON. This gives rise to bloatware in the relevant libraries and, unless you're planning to debug Qt, is completely unnecessary.

I always build Qt from the source with optimisation ON (-O2) and enjoy a more compact executable. Building from source can take several hours depending on your PC's horsepower but I've been doing this for a couple of years now and wouldn't think of using Qt packages from repos as they are usually a version or three out of date.

Just my 2 cents worth …

Chris G4NUX