[hpsdr] Starting a Mercury Project

Anupam Prasad anupam at ancorlabs.org
Thu Oct 10 07:37:36 PDT 2013

Hello All,

I am planning to build up a fully functional receiver that can receive
Shortwave Signals. But let me mention that I have been an operator and not a
techie and this project will be the first one to do anything with the things
tech. To prepare myself, I have read plenty of books and manuals on SDRs etc
amongst other things. So I need all luck and encouragement before the
plunge.

So... I am planning to buy a Mercury board along with Alex + Atlas+ Metis+
Excalibur + Power supply.

Is there anything that I may be missing ??

Is there a Kit with all the components or the order has to be placed on TAPR
site??

Would I just be connecting the boards to the back plane or would need
electronic board fabrication skills ??

Has anyone gone through this before ?? Your advice, comments, and guidance
is solicited.

Warm Regards and a BIGG thanks in advance,

AP NuBii