[hpsdr] Munin Enclosure

dlwaddel at netzero.net dlwaddel at netzero.net
Tue Oct 1 16:25:43 PDT 2013

Ken,

I have placed my Munin in a TenTec enclosure along with the Hermes, Alex, and a power supply. To mount Munin, I drilled vent holes in the rear panel and mounted a fan (stolen from a PC) over the vent holes. I then mounted the heat sink with Munin to aluminum plates (1/8" thick, 1 1/2" wide, and the length of the heat sink long) attached to the long outside fins of the heat sink. This was then attached to the rear panel using aluminum angle stock over the fan so that the fan sucks air from the interior of the case through the fins and out the vent hole.

You could do something similar with your case.

Not yet completed as I need some more parts, but all fits quite nicely.

Don
K3DLW