[hpsdr] Windows 7 / 64bit OS and PowerSDR_mRX

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sat Oct 19 05:30:22 PDT 2013

Dear John,
That is an 'application error'.  The 'big red X' is an indicator that the image could not
be updated for some reason.  Did you see an 'error dialog' that showed you a stack trace?
If not, I hesitate greatly to call it a '.Net Error' when it is a programming error.

The case we are discussing is a specific error in PowerSDR, likely near startup, that says
that DTTSP.DLL will not load.  It won't load because its dependencies are missing.  Those
dependencies are either FFTW or more likely the C/C++ dependencies for Visual Studio 2010,
which are the ones that I described, because those dependencies are NOT installed when you
install the .Net Framework.  It is a separate installation from that.  However, those
files are installed by the installer I helped Doug create for PowerSDR.

I hope that I have clarified what I said earlier on the list about the specific error that
we were discussing?

73,
George Byrkit, K9TRV