[hpsdr] Hermes - PTT and ssb latency

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Mon Oct 28 15:01:03 PDT 2013

Barry,
     The  "Enable PTT Delay" check box actually functions exactly as
described in the hint/tooltip of the check box: "Check this box to delay
PTT OUT line after releasing PTT in".

    Unfortunately for your application, it is referring to the "PTT OUT
line", which is normally attached to an external device such as an
amplifier.   "PTT OUT Line" is available via the RCA jack on the
ANAN-100/ANAN-100D rear panel  and on  Accessory Port DB25-1.

     I set my test delay to 1200ms and can confirm PTT OUT remains
activated for about that time period after I release PTT IN.
Unfortunately, as soon as I release PTT IN, mic audio/modulation is no
longer applied to the SSB signal, as you observed.

Bill KC9XG