[hpsdr] On my Freedom of Speech - Just a reminder.

K4LCD k4lcd at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 23 11:47:49 PDT 2013

*Chris and Clyve,
*

*Just a brief history of my, your and everyone´s Freedom of Expression.
*

*
*

*1689*Bill of Rights grants 'freedom of speech in Parliament' after
James II is overthrown and William and Mary installed as co-rulers.

*1770*Voltaire writes in a letter: 'Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you
write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue
to write.'

*1789*'The Declaration of the Rights of Man', a fundamental document of
the French Revolution, provides for freedom of speech .

*1791*The First Amendment of the US Bill of Rights guarantees four
freedoms: of religion, speech, the press and the right to assemble.

*73*

--
Juan A. Granados /K4LCD - WF2XXQ

https://sites.google.com/site/k4lcdars/