[hpsdr] Angelia_v2.0 firmware and new output_file.pof file

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Sun Sep 15 12:07:22 PDT 2013

Juan,
    See below:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Attempting this firmware upgrade with HPSDR Programmer v. 1.6,
> actually rendered your ANAN 100-D useless? Why? Will this happen to me
> also? And to all other ANAN 1000-Ds?

Joe K5SO has indicated that some users experience this difficulty, while
many others do not, using various versions of HPSDRProgrammer.  This is
the second time it happened to me, but I upgraded ANAN firmware other
times without encountering any difficulty.  Apparently, no rhyme or
reason can be determined for the cause of this problem at this time.

On 9/15/2013 1:52 PM, K4LCD wrote:

> You wrote that:
>
> /After disconnecting all cables including power, I removed only the
> front panel screws and front panel.  I was then able to slide the
> Angelia board out far enough to plug my USB Blaster into P2.  Ran the
> Altera Quartus II software and selected output_file.pof. which I had
> downloaded from Joe's site.  Powered up the radio.  Took several
> minutes, but the installation completed without any issue. /
>
> I did not get a "USB blaster" with my radio. The procedure that you
> outline seems somewhat above my level of technical expertise, as
> upgrading may ruin my radio that came only with v.1.8.

         The USB blaster is only needed if you experience difficulty
when upgrading firmware.  It is a utility device not included with the
radio as shipped.  I purchased mine as insurance against bricking my
ANAN-10 some time ago.  Nice tool to have in your tool box.

         The process is not difficult if you follow the directions. I
can help you if you run into difficulty.

Bill KC9XG