[hpsdr] Angelia_v2.0 firmware and new output_file.pof file

K4LCD k4lcd at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 16 05:55:12 PDT 2013

Than you Abhi for your prompt response.

At my level of technical expertise, I would not undertake such a
complicated firmware update, for the following reasons:

1. It requires a lab environment, a highly skilled electronics and
informatics technician (neither of which I am), adequate tools and
additional software.

2. It requires disassemble beyond the removal of the front panel screws
and removal of the on/off switch which could be damaged.

3. Even after the disassembling that you suggest, you cannot reach J17
with your fingers from the front of the panel.

4. In the end, I may make a mistake, and end up with my radio "bricked"
(dead, useless..),  there would not be anywhere where I could take it
nearby, or anyone that I would trust in Miami, Florida sufficiently
qualified to repair it.

In the meantime, my choice is to remain with ver. 1.8, which was
installed at your factory, and will continue to operate in 12M with the
slightly lower output.

When Apache Labs Private LLC finalizes, it's distribution/customer
support/service arrangements in the United States, we will then consider
the nearest Manufacturers Service Facility where this firmware upgrade
can be properly and safely made, hopefully under warranty.

Hopefully, Apache Labs important recent European Union EU announcement
regarding distribution, customer support and servicing of their
products, and hopefully other similar announcements to come, regarding
the United States and other areas of the World, will be able to satisfy
the needs of:

1. All SDR users, who are experimenters.

2. All SDR users, who are experimenters and Open Source developers, and
contributors to the Apache Labs Project.

3. All SDR users, who are neither of the above, and who are NOT
technicalor informatics experts. /(I am one of these SDR users. Many of
//those who have already purchased ANAN radios also are members of this
group of SDR users; and 80% of your future purchasers will also be in
this group of SDR users.)/

4. The "for profit" endeavor of the SDR equipment manufacturer.

The Apache Labs successfulbusiness model should be designed to satisfy
the NEEDS all of the above.

With kindest regards, 73

Juan /K4LCD

--