[hpsdr] Angelia enclosure

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Sep 30 06:45:49 PDT 2013

I can’t speak to the Apache Labs enclosure but I use a standalone Angelia board in the Hammond 1455Q1601 enclosure:

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv37=911&k=Hammond+1455Q1601&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

I normally don’t use a top cover on mine.  In any of the smaller enclosures heat extraction can be an issue if all covers are installed unless a small fan or other means to extract heat is used.  I’ve never operated for extended periods with all covers on mine so I don’t know for sure that heat is an issue in such ops but the dual ADCs on Angelia output more heat than does Hermes with its single ADC, for example.

73,  Joe K5SO