[hpsdr] Angelia_v3.1

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Apr 17 21:40:44 PDT 2014

All,

Angelia_v3.1 is available for download from

http://www.k5so.com/HPSDR_downloads.html

This version of firmware includes the correction for the frequency phase word calculation previously announced for Hermes in the latest Hermes firmware release; thanks, Mike KF4BQ, for your work there to improve our frequency accuracy to much better than 1/2 Hz! Angelia_v3.1 also implements Phil VK6PH’s FPGA CW code, currently being beta tested in Hermes, in anticipation of future support of the firmware-generated CW feature in OpenHPSDR PowerSDR mRX PS versions.

Angelia_v3.1 supports normal CW operation exactly as before and the firmware design opens timing for some data paths that were slightly marginal in my view in v3.0 to hopefully result in a more stable firmware design.

This version of firmware has not yet been extensively tested by others but it appears to work well in my local tests both on and off the air in actual QSOs.  You’re certainly welcome to give it a try.

Feedback is always desirable, of course.  Should this version of firmware prove problemmatic for you on your system then by all means feel free to revert back to v3.0 if that version of firmware works more satisfactorily for you with your particular equipment/computer.

73, Joe K5SO