[hpsdr] FM squelch

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Sat Aug 2 12:47:29 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I'm currently using mRX PS v3.2.17 with a Hermes and homebrew transverters.

I rarely operate FM, but a local station was active for the UHF contest
with an FM rig on 1296, so I worked him for the point.
However, the signal was pretty weak, although quite visible on the
waterfall. I would have liked to have opened the squelch to assist with
the copy, but setting SQL to zero didn't do the trick. I had to wait for
the signal to get a good ways over the noise before the rx would open.

I'm pretty sure this worked differently in an earlier release, but as I
rarely do this I could be mistaken.

Am I missing a setting, or is this performance to be expected?

73  Alf  NU8I
Phoenix  AZ  DM33xo