[hpsdr] FM squelch

Ken N9VV (Win-7/64) n9vv at wowway.com
Sat Aug 2 13:50:40 PDT 2014

I am not sure that I can offer you a good explanation about this Alf,
but you might want to use a calibrated signal source like the Elecraft
XG-1 which emits a 50uv = S9 = -73db signal at 7040, and has another
setting of -113db = S1 = ?uv with a switch.

You can then know that your receiver is properly calibrated with any
sort of input. I believe some of the more modern Elecraft calibrators
allow you to select any frequency you wish.

Perhaps you could substitute the calibrated signal for the IF signal
coming from the transverter, and then adjust the SQUELCH on/off and
level slider as needed to verify it's tripping levels in your setup.

GL de Ken N9VV