[hpsdr] PowerSDR & OZY/Mercury/Penelope updating

Conrad Walker cmwalker at mweb.co.za
Sat Aug 9 21:40:10 PDT 2014

Hello all

I decided to update my Ozy/Mercury/Penelope HPSDR on WinXP to v2.7/v3.4/v1.8
with PowerSDR v3.2.17.0.

Try as I might, I could not flash Mercury with v3.4 firmware via Ozy with
USB-Blaster & either Quartus 9.1, 10.1, 12.1 or 13.0. Quartus 9.10 &10.1
gave an error "file Mercury-v3.4.jic corrupted"  - unknown argument
"Mercury-3.4.cdf", refer to help for legal arguments. Quartus 12.1 and 13.0
gave a "device not ready" error. I was able to flash Mercury v3.3 with
Quartus 9.1 & 10.1, and all Quartus versions successfully flashed Penelope
v1.8.

I was able to run PowerSDR v3.2.17.0 with Mercury v3.3 and Penny v1.7 but
found that the CW setup option to use Ozy/Hermes for CW keying no longer
exists, and so can no longer run CW with my present setup, My earlier
PowerSDR installation worked fine.

Any ideas on sorting this out would be most appreciated.

73,

Conrad Walker ZS6BQQ