[hpsdr] CC-Byte0 from fpga to pc

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Mon Aug 11 09:03:01 PDT 2014

Hi

In the Comand-and-Control-Byte 0 from FPGA to PC there are 3 Bits PTT,
Dash and Dot.

I would like to use at least one of these bits to control an activity.
But I don't know, how these bits are fed.
 From the schematics of METIS and fpga-code I think that Pins 6,7 and 8
on the DB9 connector should be mapped to these  (debounced) Bits,
but grounding these does not show an effect on the CC-Byte 0.

Hardware:
Metis (fpga V2.1)
Penelope (fpga 1.7)
Mercury (fpga 3.3)

1) Which hardware- bits control the Bits 0..2 of CCbyte0 when using the
above hardware?
2) Which hardware- bits control if I use Magister instead of Metis (IN0,
IN1 and IN2 are also present there).

Thank you for your information.

73, hb9epu