[hpsdr] FM squelch

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Sat Aug 2 19:22:37 PDT 2014

Hi Alf,

I got out the FM signal generator and did a quick check.  All here seems
to be working as expected.  Setting differences could be the issue.  The
thing to check first is the sample rate.  Because of the bandwidths
involved in FM demodulation and modulation, I would not recommend using
less than a 192K sample rate for FM.  DSP Buffer Size might also be
relevant.  At 192K, I'd use 4096.

In any case, if you are still having difficulty, you've found the
workaround for the moment -- the squelch OFF button.

Let me know if sample rate / DSP buffer size helps.

73,
Warren  NR0V