[hpsdr] Remote Control?

AA8K73 GMail aa8k73 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 17:14:16 PDT 2014

I don't believe that you will be able to transmit CW remotely in
the future Clyde.  From what I have gleaned about the Generation
2 HPSDR hardware, the telegraph key will be connected to the
FPGA on the transmitter board itself as an effort to reduce
latency.

This is useful if you are physically near the transmitter, but
if you have Repetitive Strain Injury ("glass arm") or another
disability requiring you use a keyboard instead of wiggling a
lever, or want to operate remotely, or to use any type of CW
transmitting software, I'm guessing that you would need to
tinker some sort of RS-232 type of kludge.