[hpsdr] Remote Control?

Ken N9VV (Win-7/64) n9vv at wowway.com
Thu Aug 7 16:11:24 PDT 2014

Hi Clyde,
I think the optimal (consultant) answer will cost more than your whole
station :-)

Here is a list of REMOTE CONTROL programs that are popular. Each claims
to be the best. Some have full Audio support:
http://www.remotehams.com/
Any Desk
SplashTOP
Screen Hero
Google Remote
Teamviewer
Mikogo
Parallels Access
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Contesting/Stations/ (50 entries)
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Manufacturers/Remote_Control/ (5)
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Operating_Modes/Remote_Operations/ (9)
http://www.dxzone.com/dx6349/internet-remote-base-society.html
http://www.dxzone.com/dx13063/remote-controlled-hf-operations.html
http://www.dxzone.com/dx24426/remoterig.html
UltraVNC
TightVNC
TinyVNC
Skype (for audio)
ipSound (discontinued in 2006, but still popular)

HPSDR (Android application for Internet Remote for OpenHPSDR written by
G0ORX/N6LYT)

QtRadio (Win/Lin/MAC remote application for OpenHPSDR written by
G0ORX/N6LYT)

glSDR - Android QtRadio client with full control written by volunteers
for OpenHPSDR
George, K5RIG, and I are currently testing each of these programs to see
if any one of them might be suitable. Remote Control of a PC seems to be
a very popular topic - and one that has *NOT* been resolved into a
manageable set of alternatives.

The fellows at RemoteHams.COM have a very attractive setup. So do a
dozen others, all at varying prices and kinds of rigs.

Flex Radio Systems is going to put Remote Operation on the top of their
Developers list this year. They took a show of hands at their
Dayton-2014 Banquet and *Remote Operation* was at the top of the list of
desired features that their 6000 owners desired.

So there is a good list of resources and you can begin your award
winning book about "Remote Ham Radio Station Operation" -- or has the
ARRL already done that? (hihihi).

GL de Ken N9VV