[hpsdr] Radio (Board) Identification

Doug Adams douglas.adams at me.com
Mon Aug 11 11:48:50 PDT 2014

Thanks Dave,

Although I haven't done any C++ in years I looked through the code and got the idea. I see that you are doing what I've decided to do (see my last post), making sure the firmware file name jives with the Board ID. I also found the definitions for the Max Timeouts for each board which I'll incorporate into my programmer.

Hopefully I won't brick my radio in the process of debugging my code.

On Aug 11, 2014, at 2:22 PM, Dave Larsen <kv0s.dave at gmail.com> wrote:

> Doug --
>
> in the HPSDRProgrammer the code you are looking for is in http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/KV0S/hpsdr-programmers/HPSDRProgrammerV2-nopcap/mainwindow.cpp in the browse function.
>
> The current HPSDRProgrammer talks to the old firmware to load the flash memory. You are right that the a and b are not kept.  Joe and Phil produce most of the firmware for these boards and the naming is up to them.  Internally the store the board type and the firmware version is all that is stored and read.
>
> Part of the issue is some of this changes the bootloader firm, which is install at manufacture not not changed.  This is the recover system. we have no causal system for users to replace the bootloader.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Dave KV0S

73’s
Doug - K3TZR