[hpsdr] openHPSDR at the forefront of SDR development

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Aug 20 04:15:36 PDT 2014

Hi Bert,
Yes, as we are today the “new board” is connected between your SDR hardware and your PC.
It may be possible to run both the SDR server and Client GUI software on the one SBC or PC.  Its a little early yet to know if the Jetson board is capable of doing this.
If so, then with your SDR hardware you would have a dedicated SDR that does not require  an additional PC.  This could all be packaged into a case with a suitable touch screen etc.
You can always do that today by using a suitable SBC that will run Windows.
73 Phil...VK6PH

Hi,

I'm just a "end-user" and not a software engineer, so it's not very easy, for me, to understand all of this.
Does it mean that that this "new board" is connected between your sdr transceiver (hermes etc) and your PC?.
I would rater like a 'stand-alone' and 'High Performance' solution for better DSP functionality etc,
and to get rid of my pc, then an extra board that just needs more soft- and firmware....
But I understand that this is very exiting for software engineers, so good luck.

Bert PA2XHF

        Dit e-mailbericht bevat geen virussen en malware omdat avast! Antivirus actief is.

HPSDR Discussion List
To post msg: hpsdr at openhpsdr.org
HPSDR web page: http://openhpsdr.org

---