[hpsdr] openHPSDR at the forefront of SDR development

H.A.Meijer meijer.ha at home.nl
Wed Aug 20 08:29:00 PDT 2014

Hi Phil,

So, just to simplify, so that I also understand,  this Jetson board
could replace (more or less) the on-board FPGA,
being more powerful(?) and easier to code for the more 'average'
software engineer?.
And the (high performance) (W)DSP software, that's now running on or
PC's, can easily by done by that board?
and not just some very basic DSP work, I see at some 'other' popular sdr
transceiver.
The only problem I see for now is that there will be an extra 'data
highway', between the sdr hardware
  and the end-user interface PC, that could coarse extra
problems/latency..etc..
We will see what the future brings.
Thanks,
73 Bert PA2XHF

Phil Harman schreef op 20-8-2014 om 13:15:
> Hi Bert,
> Yes, as we are today the “new board” is connected between your SDR
> hardware and your PC.
> It may be possible to run both the SDR server and Client GUI software
> on the one SBC or PC.  Its a little early yet to know if the Jetson
> board is capable of doing this.
> If so, then with your SDR hardware you would have a dedicated SDR that
> does not require  an additional PC.  This could all be packaged into a
> case with a suitable touch screen etc.
> You can always do that today by using a suitable SBC that will run
> Windows.
> 73 Phil...VK6PH

---
Dit e-mailbericht bevat geen virussen en malware omdat avast! Antivirus-bescherming actief is.