[hpsdr] Bricked my Angelia: Help installing Bootloader using USB Blaster cable

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Fri Aug 22 10:34:54 PDT 2014

Larry,

One further comment, when loading an “output_file.pof” into your Angelia it will power up with whatever firmware version number was used when the “output_file.pof” was created.  Therefore, after recovering using the blaster cable you will still need to update the firmware version to v4.1.  If v4.1 happened to be used in creating the “output_file.pof” then you do not need to update to v4.1 as it will already be loaded as part of the “output_file.pof”.

If you’re reluctant to try the update the Angelia using the HPSDRProgrammer the I’d suggest using the HPSDR Bootloader program instead, as it seems to be more robust (using a jumper on J17 during the update operation with HPSDR Bootloader, of course).  The program you’d load using the HPSDR Bootloader is the same as you’d use with the HPSDR Programmer; namely, “Angelia_v4.1.rbf”.

73,  Joe K5SO