[hpsdr] Timing Closure Field Guide

AD0ES ad0es at ad0es.net
Wed Aug 27 07:19:06 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have been slowly dipping my toes into the SDR pool, have a mercury rcvr setup functioning now.  Excited about the
direction new development is taking, especially in the area of moving more of the work from FPGA to a general class
cpu/gpu.  Next step for me is to setup with the tools necessary to write FPGA/gpu/openCL code.

I spent some time on the Altera(?) site and went away totally confused.  Are there tools available allowing one to
design/write/compile FPGA code for these beasts without paying license fees or BEING CONNECTED to the net while using?
I have no internet  access at home and need a non-inet solution.

If someone could provide a cookbook list of where/how to get the tools I believe it would get more people started down
this path.

tia,
Steve AD0ES