[hpsdr] Timing Closure Field Guide

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Aug 27 07:51:49 PDT 2014

Hi Steve,

With regard to the necessary FGPA tools, you need only the free Quartus II program download from:

https://www.altera.com/download/sw/dnl-sw-index.jsp

at the bottom of the page is a window that allows you to select to download any version of Quartus II from v2.2 to v14.0.  As you are working with Atlas-based boards I would suggest that the latest version for you work with should be v13.0 as later versions do not support the Cyclone II FPGA used in Penelope and the latest v14.0 does not support the Cyclone III FPGA used in Mercury.

Quartus II will run just fine without being connect to the internet.  You will receive a startup message that Quartus II can’t get to the Quartus website to check for updates but simply close the window and things will be fine.

73, Joe K5SO