[hpsdr] KISS Konsole on Ubuntu 14.04

Jae Stutzman k5jae at stutzman.net
Sun Aug 31 15:54:22 PDT 2014

On a whim, I thought I might try the Jetson TK1 board with mono/kiss
konsole. After working out the dependencies, it appears to run OK (I
haven't transmitted yet). Anything beyond 96000 sample rate will give audio
distortion on the receive. If I choose 192000 and then select NR, it really
goes off the rails. Keep in mind that this is completely running within the
ARM hard float CPU, which is using the original libfftw3 FFT library.
Utilizing a CUDA optimized FFT library would probably give a lot more
headroom. Both the spectrum and waterfall displays are ok with some slight
hiccup that correspond to audio blips.

73,

Jae - K5JAE