[hpsdr] KISS Konsole on Ubuntu 14.04

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Aug 31 16:09:32 PDT 2014

Congratulations, Jae!  That’s excellent news!

I have just this past Thursday assembled a new computer system to allow me to begin exploring Linux.  I have installed Ubuntu, Synaptic, Mono-complete, MonoDevelop and am anxious to get rolling on porting some of my Windows C# radio astronomy apps that I have written over to Linux.  I am ecstatic to hear that you have KISS ported over now (in such a brief time too!!) and I am very interested to see how you did it.

Also, I too have a strong interest in porting PowerSDR over to Linux and I have heard of your vast experience in such porting activities.  I am quite excited to learn of any progress that you make there so please do give us updates as to your progress.  I, naively of course, intended to give it a try myself as soon as I gain more familiarity with Linux, and Mono in particular.  I currently use Visual Studio 2013 to make mods to the PowerSDR code from time to time but I’m not a professional programmer and barely squeak along with VS to be truthful; but I’m continuing to learn all the time and am getting more proficient, I hope.

I am a complete newbie with respect to Linux so please don’t be overly brief in your “how to” descriptions or they’ll go completely over my head for sure.

Thanks, and congrats again!

73, Joe K5SO