[hpsdr] No modulation from Penelope.

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Wed Feb 26 06:03:14 PST 2014

Hi all.

I have tested my "old" OpenHPSDR transceiver with Metis, Mercury, Penelope
and Munin installed. Everything is working OK except when I try to
modulate, nothing is coming out of Penelope. I can use the 2-tone
generator to set the Gain By Band in a normal way, if I use TUNE, there is
a carrier, if I select AM and push PTT, there is a carrier with correct
level but no modulation. In SSB, when using PTT, I see nothing on the
spectrum monitor.

I have updated the firmware in all units to the latest (Metis v2.6b,
Mercury v3.4, Penelope v1.8.) PSDR is mRX PS v3.2.9 (2/23/14) And Yes, I
deleted .......

Georg, DL2KP reported the same problem to me when I asked. When he tried
to use Setup, Hardware Config, Orion Hardware setup and selected PTT ON,
he get normal modulation. After that, all is OK on his transceiver. I have
also tried this but it is not working here. I have tested both of my
Penelope units.

??????

73, Kjell

--