[hpsdr] ANAN-100D Angelia_test_v3.9 code

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Sun Feb 9 19:42:38 PST 2014

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Joe Martin K5SO <k5so at valornet.com> wrote:

> Brian,
>
> I have confirmed that multiple filter are not being inadvertently put in
> parallel on Tx in the ANAN-100D using Angelia_test_v3.9.
>
> I ripped open the 100D, fabricated a 7-LED display module, and connected
> it to the relays of the LPFs, and verified directly using Angelia_test_v3.9
> that we do not have two LPFs inadvertently switched in parallel on any band
> selection.  The filter switching is performing exactly as it is designed to
> do.  I don't have an explanation for you for your observed "bump" in the
> gain settings you mention but I take it that the slight deviation from your
> previous observations is not a serious problem for you.

No, not a problem. A little ripple in the frequency response of the amp
just adds flavor. :-)

And it was a WAG anyway. :-)

> By the way, the components in the Tx filters of the ANAN-100D appear to me
> to be identical to those in the Alex LPF board.  Thus those filters are low
> pass filters, not band pass filters, regardless of the fact that the
> control lines for the relays there are labeled "BPFn" on the PA schematic.
>  They probably should've been labeled "LPFn" instead, but that's nit and
> does not affect operation of course.

And, yes, I should have known better.

> Now I have to see if I can put this thing back together, hihi!

Oh, leave the new instrumentation in place! It isn't real unless it has
blinking lights!

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
706 Flightline Drive