[hpsdr] Hermes

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Fri Feb 21 13:11:11 PST 2014

Hi Tony,

Well, I do recommend it.  Indeed, I use not only use the HPF filter board but both the HPF and LPF filter boards both in Alex  to achieve band pass filtering on the input to Hermes, not simply a high pass filter.

At my QTH a full Alex filter unit (i.e., both HPF and LPF boards in Alex) helps Rx performance a lot.  Also, note that the LPF board contains a T/R switch that helps protect the input of the Hermes receiver port when transmitting with high power at your station.  Alex is a very nice package!

73, Joe K5SO