[hpsdr] Comments on setting up PureSignal

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Wed Feb 26 08:30:30 PST 2014

One method I have used is to MONITOR my spectrum, not on my "screen",
but using a totally separate SDR-IQ receiver and whip antenna on another
computer. I hope that this inexpensive solution gives me an unbiased
view of what my RF really looks like.
Reminds me of Novice days in 1960 when I had a separate "RF powered"
diode oscillator that helped me know the difference between my SIDETONE
and what my RF really sounded like. When using a bug (with scratchy
bouncing contacts) I was amazed at how my real signal sounded. It gave
me a great opportunity to learn about how to de-bounce my bug :-)
GL de Ken N9VV