[hpsdr] Hermes doesn't respond After firmware updation

Anupam Prasad theonlyprasad at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 04:50:54 PDT 2014

Dear All,

 Yesterday I loaded my Hermes (TAPR) with V.2.9 firmware. I used the HPSDR
bootloader for the process. The response of the bootloader was normal,
asking to power recycle and remove the J12 jumper.

However after removing the jumper and recycling the power i found that  out
of the two banks of the LEDs only one bank was glowing.

Status of LEDs is as follows:
a.     D23,D25,D26,D27,D28 are glowing red continously

b.     D10 - D18 LEDs not glowing

c.     D6 LED is also not glowing.

Now, the hermes bootloader is not detected. And strangely, if I retry to
load the hermes firmware (.rbf) penelope is reported the program reports
invalid rbf.

Has anyone run into such a problem, any suggestions how can it be recovered
??

73,

Anupam