[hpsdr] Database reset = loss of calibration data?

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Fri Jul 11 19:18:30 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 8:22 PM, John Ackermann N8UR <jra at febo.com> wrote:

> I find myself needing to upgrade from mRX PS 3.2.10 to 3.2.17 and see that
> at 3.2.12 there was an instruction to reset the database.
>
> Sorry if this is a dumb/obvious question, but when you reset can you then
> re-import a saved database from the previous version (ie, suck the old data
> into the new database format)?

No.

> If not, does this mean that one has to redo the signal level and frequency
> calibration processes from scratch?

Yes.

> Those who know me will realize that I spend an excessive/obsessive amount
> of effort on the calibration, and would like to avoid redoing it every time
> I need to reset the database for a new version. :-)

Life is tough. Best to write your values down on paper using a pencil or
pen.

Actually, it is possible to make this possible. The authors of the software
have decided not to do so. I can think of several reasons why this might be
so but none of them is complementary.

--
Brian Lloyd
Lloyd Aviation