[hpsdr] Metis/Mercury Bandscope Data (EP=4)

Hermann hvh.net at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 05:15:59 PST 2014

Hi Phil, All,

just a short comment here:

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Phil Harman <phil at pharman.org> wrote:

> Doug,
>
> I've checked the Metis code and it does have the wideband data on/off
> command included exactly the same as implemented in Hermes.
>
> However,  checking with Wireshark I see  packets with the
> ("\xef\xfe\x01\x04") header and full of zeros.
>
> It's late here so only time for a quick look over the code but on the face
> of it I can't see the reason why the on/off command is not working.
>
> I'll investigate further.

I did not see that either, but may take a look at this issue in short!

> In fact this can be a nuance since a crash of the PC code generally
> requires a power cycle of the FPGA in order to stop it sending data and the
> PC to run Discovery correctly.

Since it is hard to avoid any crashes during code development, I decided to
implement something that you don't need to power cycle the hardware. This
is also present in the latest cuSDR version: just try to connect again, and
after two or three times hitting 'Start' the hardware should recognize it
(tested with Mercury/Hermes/Angelia) and will work again without power
cycling. It saved me a lot of getting up from my chair to recycle power...

73, Hermann
DL3HVH