[hpsdr] The problem with digital modes

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Mon May 12 08:28:00 PDT 2014

I'm not fast enough Clyde to use the in between spaces, but I enjoyed your
posting, it shows plenty of balls, but just how long you'll have them for
would seem to be up for discussion.

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.

The primary shortcoming of digital modes is that they are spewing out full
power, and occupying full BW, when the sender is saying

or typing NOTHING.  The compelling advantage of SSB and CW is that they use
no space, and cause no interference, when there is no

intelligence being transmitted.  When there are digital modes that have at
property I will get more excited about them.

Clyde Washburn, K2UE