[hpsdr] WSJT VAC, ALC and PowerSDR mRX PS

Conrad Farlow conrad at g0ruz.com
Sat Oct 11 14:07:36 PDT 2014

I am using an ANAN-10 with the latest version of PowerSDR mRx PS. I have
VAC working well with WSJT but I get a burst of noise just before WSJT
starts generating audio. It is 20dB below the modulated audio and I
suspect that is due to some kind of expander action on the ALC. I am
driving a transverter and have only 500mW output to do so. My TX is very
clean but is there any way of getting rid of this, in fact turning the
TX ALC off altogether? I don't need it as the audio level is tightly
controlled and I have a the TX gain set at around 75dB. There is no way
that I am going to overdrive anything.

73

Conrad G0RUZ IO93FR

North Wakefield Radio Club