[hpsdr] flradio

AD0ES ad0es at ad0es.net
Tue Oct 14 07:55:46 PDT 2014

Hi all,

This looks like a chicken and egg problem.

		sdr_audio_gain = progdefaults.SdrAudioGain;
		if ((sdr_audio_gain < 0) || (sdr_audio_gain > 100)) {
			LOG_ERROR(">>>>>>>> invalid audio gain %d", sdr_audio_gain);
			throw;
		}

Since its the first run, the fldigi_def.xml file doesn't exist
(or doesn't contain) hpsdr specific entries.  Not being so adept at c++, I just "throw" at the top level
when finding a problem such as this, which appears to cause the segfault.  I just fixed the same issue
for the problem I mentioned yesterday, ie. segfault when there is now hardware attached.  I will spend some
time today writing an exception handler to catch this generel class of error more gracefully.  I also
need to run test cases of startup both where a pre-existing defaults file (but without hpsdr specific entries)
exists, and where no file exists.  I was a little too pedantic on this "audio gain of 0" case because
I wasted a bit of time wondering why the signal was missing when it was just an issue of the radio being set
with audio gain of 0...

Keep the test results coming, I'll get it right eventually.  FYI, I'm porting flrig to control hpsdr hardware
now.  At this point it can control frequency and volume, as well as control preamp, dither and random.

later,
Steve AD0ES