[hpsdr] Using Windows 10 Preview

Ron McCurdy firemonitor at cox.net
Fri Apr 10 13:46:48 PDT 2015

Several months ago my TAPR.org receiver was working great.  That was under Windows XP.  I built a new computer that has an I7 processor and will operater either 32 or 64 bit.  Again, the receiver was working great.  Then, I added the LPU and the Penelope and about the same time, the software changed or was upgraded to a newer version.  I just got around to upgrading MY software and neither the bootloader or programmer will recognize the Metis card and I'm unable to program the EEPROM on the Metis.
Another thing that may or may not be a factor, I'm now running the Windows 10 Preview.  It did work when I first started using it, but, the software changes to the various cards may have changed that.  My setup is:Metis feeding an Atlas.  Mercury and Excalibur which have both been programmed and were working properly.  Alexaires, LPU, & Penelope which have never worked.
I even pulled everything except the LPU and Metis and neither the  bootloader or  programmer will communicate.  They do show an  IP address for my gigabit ethernet card, but, I crash both bootloader and programmer when trying to find or program the Metis.
Any suggestions would surely help me wade into this "deep end". :)
RonKE5QDA