[hpsdr] FFT latency

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 6 14:19:25 PDT 2015

Yes, there is an unavoidable delay. What the SDR Software does is perform
the FFT on the Data stream coming from the Analog to Digital Converters.
Then, to hear the stream, an Inverse FFT is performed and sent to the audio
device. This delay may be reduced with better hardware and dedicated SDR
hardware to pre-process the data stream.