[hpsdr] DFC Sampling Frequency?

Steve Haynal steve at softerhardware.com
Mon Apr 13 17:58:19 PDT 2015

Hi John,

Thanks for the response. Phil sent me a private response which said the
sampling frequency is a moving target. I too do not see how you could fit
much more than 61.44 MHz of raw, uncompressed, undecimated 16-bit samples
in a gigabit link. I thought that is what motivated the initial choice of
61.44 MHz.

The Hermes-Lite is 12 bit and 12 bit at 73.728 MHz is less than 16 bit at
61.44 MHz so I think we are not excluding some sort of DFC in the future
with the Hermes-Lite. 12 bit words are easier to pack/unpack from 3 bytes
too.

73,

Steve
KF7O